Vietnam has enough and more experiences to offer throughout the day but this county does not hold back when it comes to nightlife. Vietnamese people sure know how to party and keep the environment as upbeat as possible. The nightlife in Vietnam is more than just drinking the night away in a bar. There are many unique experiences like attending a night water puppet show or visiting the Opera house in Hanoi that allow you to spend your evenings peacefully if partying is not your thing.
The nightlife in most of the top Vietnam cities is very upbeat and happening so you can find yourself partying the night away wherever you are. Here is a city-wise list of spots where you can experience the nightlife in Vietnam in all its glory.
The capital city is all about the glitz and glamour. The city law does require all bars and nightclubs to shut at midnight but until then, you can have the time of your life.
Here’s a curated list of the top bars and nightclubs in Hanoi:
1. Funky Buddha- is one of the most well-known bars in the city. You can see some top DJs making you groove to tunes like never before. It is also a paradise for those who like to indulge in Shisha, there are perfect corners where you can sit and enjoy good music and Shisha. You can also enjoy a game of darts or just have a few really refreshing drinks if you happen to be here during the day. It’s lit all throughout the day.
2. Seventeen Salon- This American and Indian themed wooden themed bar is not for the faint-hearted. This is labeled as the craziest party spot in the city so be ready for an unforgettable night if this is your pick.
3. Minh’s Jazz club and Rock and Roll tavern– are both located in the old quarter and this is for a more relaxed and chill experience. Nothing crazy happens here, just some good music and good drinks. It sounds like a night, isn’t it?
4. Standing Bar- is a delight for anyone who is a fan of craft beer. It is the perfect spot to enjoy 19 different types of high-quality ale but also a fun hangout spot to enjoy hilarious comedy shows featuring national as well as international artists. With a lovely terrace overlooking the Truc Bach Lake, Standing Bar the perfect spot to enjoy sunsets while enjoying some chilled Vietnamese beer.
2. Hoi An
Hoi An paints a beautiful sight during the day with its ancient buildings and museums, however, when the sun sets, the old town turns into an upbeat and super chill place. Glamourous bistros, music bars, and creative parlors come alive, and the roads of the Ancient Town and the Riverside change into a dynamic showpieces decorated with brilliant lamps where you can see people come together to perform cultural dances. It’s a beautiful place to enjoy a couple of beers and soak in Vietnam’s beauty.
The most renowned bars in Hoi An are:
1. Dive Bar- This famous spot is owned by the Cham island diving center and it screams glitz and glamour. You can find people peacefully smoking away from the good’ol shisha or the drinkers trying their hand at making their own cocktail. While all of this is going on, the live music performances which can range from anywhere between indie rock to metal will put you in the right mood to have an eventful night.
2. Q Bar- This bar is the final word when it comes to spending your night in the most luxurious way possible. You can see yourself dancing with celebrities and people who don’t mind spending those extra bucks to have the top-notch experience.
3. The White Marble Wine Bar- This is for the elite who like to sit down and have a glass of wine with dinner. This high-end retro bar is tastefully decorated in a very pleasing modern eclectic style and this place serves some amazing wine with good food. What more could you ask for?
4. Tadiato- is a brain baby of the well-acclaimed author and artist Nguyen Qui Duc who believes that his clientele leans towards ‘Thinkers and Drinkers’. With a very unique decor, Tatiado is a perfect balance of cool design elements put together with eclectic art pieces. This well-hidden gem is a perfect escape from the busy roads. You can enjoy a glass of whiskey or some heartwarming ramen as you read Nguyen’s articles that were featured in the New York Times and other famous publications.
Ho Chi Minh City
The energy in this city only keeps increasing throughout the day. HCMC offers all kinds of experiences no matter what kind of a traveler you are. Whether you are a backpacker or a honeymooner, you will find your niche in this glamorous city.
Here are the top places to visit for a fun night in Ho Chi Minh City
1. Apocalypse now- is the oldest nightclub in the city. Spread across two floors, you can enjoy a couple of really fun drinks while the country’s top DJs play for you. There is also a pool table in case you’re not in the mood to dance. This party goes on until sunrise so you might want to be prepared for an exciting and long night.
2. Lush- is a modern club that will get you pumped with the hip beats as soon as you enter. It’s very upbeat and the party doesn’t die until sunrise.
3. The Acoustic Bar- this is where you can make all your karaoke dreams come true. The whole atmosphere of this place is very chill and it will put you in a great mood right away. You can enjoy live performances by the top local bands or have some fun of your own by singing your heart out. Either way, you are going to have a good time.
4. Dinner Cruise on the Saigon River- If you are in the mood for a romantic dinner and want to escape the crowds, board the Saigon Dinner Cruise and enjoy a quiet and peaceful dinner as you sail away on the river. The Bonsai Dinner Cruise has some delicious Vietnamese and western food on the menu and you get to enjoy a candlelit dinner as you sail past the beautifully lit buildings. You can also enjoy the traditional Vietnamese dance performances and live Jazz performance while you’re on board.
This is just an overview on what Vietnam’s nightlife looks like. There are hundreds of options available and all you need to do is head out and experience it. It’s always fun to party and have a good time in a different country and Vietnam is a great place to do that. It’s pocket friendly and every place delivers what they are meant to do and that is making sure everyone has a good time so fret not, drink responsibly and just have a fun night!
Check out the Vietnam tour packages available on Pickyoutrail’s website for really exciting itinerary options. You can customize these as per your needs and they take care of every aspect of your vacation so start planning this awesome trip right away and don’t worry, ‘What happens in Vietnam stays in Vietnam’!